SPECIAL SCHOOL ELECTION – March 8, 2022
NJSA 19:60-2 Held in Lower Township School Districts
Sample Ballot can be viewed at
FEBRUARY 15: Last day to Register to Vote. NJSA19:31-6
FEBRUARY 22: Last day to file appointment or application for challengers at the Board of Elections. NJSA 19:12-9
MARCH 1: Last day County Clerk can receive applications by mail for mail-in ballots. NJSA 19:12-9
MARCH 2 to MARCH 7: Any voter who failed to apply by mail for a Mail-In Ballot may apply by 3:00pm the day prior to the election at the County Clerk’s Office. See EMERGENCY TIME explanation below. NJSA 19:63-3d
MARCH 4: by 4:00pm: Last day to challenge Mail-in voters at the Board of Elections.
MARCH 8: Polls open 4:00pm to 8:00pm. NJSA 19:60-2
If a voter does not meet the application deadline (7 days prior to an election) for a mail-in ballot to be sent by mail, the voter may appear in person to the Cape May County Clerk’s Office until 3:00pm the day prior to the election. This is known as “emergency time.”
Approved applicants will receive their ballots on the spot. If the voter cannot appear in person he/she may complete an application designating a messenger, who must be either a family member or a registered voter in Cape May County.
The messenger must appear at the County Clerk’s Office with the application and photo identification. If the application is approved, the ballot will be issued to the messenger for delivery to the voter. The messenger may not be a candidate. No person shall serve as an authorized messenger for more than three qualified voters in an election.
Polling Places Lower Township
- St. John Neumann Parish Hall- 800 Bayshore Rd Villas – Districts 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-8
- Municipal Hall 2600 Bayshore Road – Districts,1-5, 1-6 ,1-7, 1-9, 2-1, 2-8, 2-9
- Townbank Fire Hall – Districts 2-2, 2-3, 2-4, 2-6, 2-7, 2-10
- Erma Fire – Districts 3-1, 3-2, 3-4, 3-5
- St. John Neumann Hall- 680 Town Bank Rd – Districts 2-5, 3-3, 3-8, 3-9
- First Assembly of God Church-1068 Seashore Rd – Districts 3-6, 3-7